Lost Connection - 250 Word Story

It was around 11pm, I was on the overnight journey to my escape. All lights were put off except a small blue night lamp. From the deep breaths and the gentle snores of my co-passengers, I could tell that they were fast asleep. The noise of the door woke me up, sliding open ever so slowly one person enter the railway compartment. My brain sent an alert signal. I observed that his dress was torn. Looking at the face, one could easily understand that he was looking for food. Disappointed at not being entertained by anyone, he left.

His eyes reminded me of someone close to my heart. I tried to recall those eyes. Meanwhile, the train stopped at a remote location and he left the train. I stepped out from my compartment and I found him sitting on the platform bench. I approached him and asked him his full name.

He answered “Ganpat Wagh.” 

I realized that his eyes matched with my grandmother’s eyes. Also, the name matched with my uncle’s name. My uncle had left home in childhood due to some difference with his father. I introduced myself as his nephew. I showed my identity card and explained the family story. Both of us were shocked due to sudden revelation. I bought food parcel and handed over to him. Finally, I found my uncle and that's my tribute to my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Amarnath Yatra - Sacred Journey

Planning and Initial phase of Journey.... Since the year 2011, my family was discussing for a trip to Amarnath and Vaishnodevi Pilgrim...